Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/10 15:14:54 UTC

Pool messages are displayed where they shouldn't

I think we have to look at the various screens to make sure that they
reflect access pools. Pools are used in the main message screens and in
public. However, the following UIs don't use pools:
* users
* user messages (second tab)
* Streams (when public messages are displayed with no pool filter active)

I've created a Jira item for this problem:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ESME-212

D.

Re: Pool messages are displayed where they shouldn't

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
That would be great .

Thanks.

D.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.
> I don't get it. Why is Long the problem? It looked to me like the issue was
> Set, but I really can't see why Set and List every would have matched, so I
> don't see why this ever worked.
>
> Looks like I need a Scala matching tutorial :-(

Looks like *I* need a Scala tutorial ;-) You're right again, I should
have read the message more carefully.

Apparently, the compiler will issue an error message if we check for
Full(EmptySet), but not if it's a non-empty instance of Set... go
figure.

Re: Pool messages are displayed where they shouldn't

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
I don't get it. Why is Long the problem? It looked to me like the issue was
Set, but I really can't see why Set and List every would have matched, so I
don't see why this ever worked.

Looks like I need a Scala matching tutorial :-(

Ethan

Posted by Richard Hirsch <hi...@gmail.com>.
Looks like we should add "-unchecked" to the maven plug-in in the pom.xml to
catch problems like this. There are also warnings about deprecated code as
well.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.