Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/08 21:06:13 UTC

[all] Broken bugzilla links

Could be this is an issue for infra@.

Links to Bugzilla tickets in JIRA are failing for me, as are attempts
to look up old bugs by BZ number.  Anyone know why this is the case?
See, for example, the BZ ID link in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/POOL-22

Phil

Re: [all] Broken bugzilla links

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>  > The bug entries for projects that have moved to JIRA were removed from
>  >  Bugzilla as part of a recent upgrade. There's an open issue to remove the
>  >  links in JIRA, so that people are not following broken links.
>  >
>  OK.  Unfortunately, some of our bug reports, e.g. DBCP-113, include
>  links to BZ URLs.  I am sure there are tons of email archives
>  containing similar links, which will now break., making research into
>  old issues harder. I just had to do this and ended up downloading a
>  spreadsheet including the old BZ ids to research.  I think for this
>  reason we should at least leave the "Buzilla ID" field in for commons
>  if we can (not just the field available for download in spreadsheet,
>  but displayed somewhere), replacing the broken link with just the ID
>  if that bothers people.

Yup - same thought here.

Hen

Re: [all] Broken bugzilla links