Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by radha_mit <Ra...@ivycomptech.com> on 2010/06/18 11:55:50 UTC

AMQ persistent adapter

Hi,

I have two brokers connected to a network
failover:(tcp://a:61616,tcp://b:61616)
the persistent store in both is AMQPersistentAdapter and we are using
ActiveMQ 5.3.0 and we send persistent messages

Now, we send messages to broker A (tcp://a:61616) and after sometime it
crashes.
What will happen to the data that is there in AMQstore of broker A.
WIll i get only after restarting it or i can get it through tcp://b:61616.

Re: AMQ persistent adapter

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
A network is store and forward, so any messages on A will stay on A while it
is down. Only messages that were already forwarded to B will be visible on
B. If you want failover of the data, then you need to use a shared store
(file system or jdbc) master slave setup.

On 18 June 2010 10:55, radha_mit <Ra...@ivycomptech.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two brokers connected to a network
> failover:(tcp://a:61616,tcp://b:61616)
> the persistent store in both is AMQPersistentAdapter and we are using
> ActiveMQ 5.3.0 and we send persistent messages
>

> Now, we send messages to broker A (tcp://a:61616) and after sometime it
> crashes.
> What will happen to the data that is there in AMQstore of broker A.
> WIll i get only after restarting it or i can get it through tcp://b:61616.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com