Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by COFFMAN Steven <SC...@CBSINC.com> on 2000/11/21 18:55:20 UTC

Release?

Hi,
Things are back to normal for me. I'm not real familiar with the release
process. What can I do to help? What are we still waiting on (I haven't yet
caught up on the missed mails of the last week)?
-Steve

Re: Release?

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 10:17 AM 11/24/00 +0100, you wrote:
>From:           	Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>
>
>> I lost track of who volunteered to actually do this release. Was it
Fotis or
>> Steven?
>
>Nobody I think. At the end ot next week (Thursday) I can prepare it,
>but need someone who checks whether the release file builds
>without any problems on a non Windows machine. If Steve or
>another one can step in I would be lucky ;-)
>
>Fotis

Through work I can guarantee being able to do an _anonymous_ CVS at any
time, no matter what, regardless of my current problems with my personal
ISP. So if you give me the word I can obtain the sources at a set time,
build on Linux, and do that check. Or you can just email the release JAR
over to me and I'll check it (use arved.sandstrom@e-plicity.com).

Arved

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"

Re: Release?

Posted by Christian Geisert <Ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Christian Geisert wrote:

> Karen Lease wrote:
> >
> > I'll be happy to test it on my Linux/MacPPC. That's about as far away
> > from a windows machine as we can get...
>
> I can test it on a AS/400. This is really far away from windows ;-)

Ok I did a quick test with docs/examples/fo and it looks good except
images.fo which did not work as expected (no awt) and list.fo which produced
a FATAL ERROR (maybe I can have a look at it later...)

Tested with OS/400 V4R4 and  JDK1.1.7

Christian

Re: Release?

Posted by Christian Geisert <Ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Karen Lease wrote:

> I'll be happy to test it on my Linux/MacPPC. That's about as far away
> from a windows machine as we can get...

I can test it on a AS/400. This is really far away from windows ;-)

> Karen

Christian

Re: Release?

Posted by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr>.

Re: Release?

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
From:           	Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>

Re: Release?

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 01:59 AM 11/22/00 +0100, Fotis Jannidis wrote:
>A few minutes later there is the question, whether we want to wait a
>few days, until we see, whether anything has to be changed for the
>candidate rec. or release now and be conformant to the latest wd?
>I think, we could wait. Probably changes won't be too great and
>somehow it looks nicer to be conformant to the newest draft. Any
>votes on this?
>
>Fotis

I lost track of who volunteered to actually do this release. Was it Fotis or
Steven?

I figure it's psychologically important not to delay into December for this
release. Plus we get FOP-0_15_0 out before end of month, and we have plenty
of room to get out a XMas/New Year's release (which does not have to be
symbolic by any means).

So, in effect, +1 on waiting a few days if we use the extra time to take a
quick look at the CR, and make cosmetic changes.

Arved

P.S. I ought to be OK for future releases. My CVS problems are not local
software issues; they are related to my ISP connections and net activity,
and I may have to switch.

Re: Release?

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.

From:           	COFFMAN Steven <SC...@CBSINC.com>