Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Brear <ch...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2002/02/28 02:57:53 UTC

Stopping apache serving up webapp content

Hi,

I've looked for an answer to this in the archives, but can't see one. Apologies if this is an apache question.
I have an apache Tomcat 3.2.2 set-up, with a single webapp context. I use apache to serve all static content, but many of the pages in the app sub directories have .htm extensions, but provide dynamic content. I want to prevent all browser access to all directories under the webapp root, (except a log in page).

The problem is if I restrict access via the apache conf file, the webapp stops working as no 'static' content is served such as stylesheets and script files.

Does the answer lie in realms ? or is it an apache set-up problem ?

One solution I suppose is to stop apache serving static content, - but will users need to authenticate all pages ?

Thanks