Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Tina Sani <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/19 04:58:46 UTC

Xindice & VB.NET

Hi, I currently have a bunch of XML files set up
within collections on a Xindice server machine. I have
written VB.NET applications using DOM to read from and
write to these XML files. What I would like to do now
is modify my applications so that when one of the XML
files is being written to via LoadXML, the file will
be read-only to any other applications that access it.
I am not sure how to do this. Has anyone ever done
something similar to this or know of a way I can
implement this type of file sharing and locking?

Thanks.

http://sbc.yahoo.com