Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2004/02/19 11:17:41 UTC

[Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
to act as a JSR-168 producer.
The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
the block combining both and maintaining everything that
belongs to the portal in one place.

(This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).

So, please cast your votes:

Here is my +1 :)

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://www.osoco.net/weblogs/rael/

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 19.02.2004 11:17, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.
>
> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
> So, please cast your votes:

+1

Joerg

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Tim Larson <ti...@keow.org>.
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:17:41AM +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.
>
> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
> So, please cast your votes:

+1

--Tim Larson

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 20 Feb 2004, at 09:41, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> And perhaps such a move drives the block development...

Yep. Empathic +1.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

RE: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
> > On 19.02.2004 23:15, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> >
> >> btw, since there is a portal.apache.org project now, what are your
> >> opinion on the evolution of this block? should it move
> over there or
> >> remain here?

I think, when the portal project has really started, we should think
about moving, yes.

> > Ok in general, but does it make sense to do the move before having
> > real blocks?
>
> No. I agree it doesn't.
>
> But I wanted to hear the witness without influencing him ;-)
>
> And now you spoiled it :-)

:)

I see no real dependency between those things. We *could* move the portal
block to portals.apache.org without having the "real blocks". I see
no real drawback there.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

--
Stefano.

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.
>
> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
> So, please cast your votes:
>
> Here is my +1 :)

+1

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Carsten Ziegeler dijo:
> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.
>
> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
> So, please cast your votes:

Here is my +1 :)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
>> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
>> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
>> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
>> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
>> belongs to the portal in one place.
>
> +1

+1

Matthew

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.

+1

/Daniel

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Guido Casper <gc...@s-und-n.de>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.
>
> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
> So, please cast your votes:

+1

Guido

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.
>
> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
> So, please cast your votes:
>
> Here is my +1 :)

+1, as long as you promise extensive documentation. :-)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

RE: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Then there is no reason not to want to do this.
>
> +1 to the change

:)

Carsten

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>Blocks will load after Cocoon has started. It seems to me
>>that it doesn't make sense to put environment classes, which
>>are needed at startup, in a block. Is this a "module" instead
>>or am I missing something?
>
> As I said several times :)

:-)

> what we currently call blocks are not "real-blocks"
> in all cases and choosing this as a name for our current situation was imho
> wrong. Currently the portal env is in the scratchpad "block"
> and this vote is about moving it into the portal "block".
> So, we are still discussing pre block things here - nothing more. It might
> be that in the far future the current portal "block" provides one module
> for the env and one real block for the portal.

Then there is no reason not to want to do this.

+1 to the change

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Savory <an...@luminas.co.uk>.
On 19 Feb 2004, at 10:17, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> So, please cast your votes:

+1

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
>the block combining both and maintaining everything that
>belongs to the portal in one place.
>

>So, please cast your votes:

+1
Geoff

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.

+1

	Ugo

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org>.
>> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
>> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
>> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
>> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
>> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
>> belongs to the portal in one place.
>>
>> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>>
>> So, please cast your votes:

+1
--
Torsten

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
>to act as a JSR-168 producer.
>The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
>I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
>the block combining both and maintaining everything that
>belongs to the portal in one place.
>
>(This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
>So, please cast your votes:
>
>Here is my +1 :)

+1

Vadim

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 19 Feb 2004, at 11:17, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Here is my +1 :)

+1

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows Cocoon
> to act as a JSR-168 producer.
> The portal block contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation.
> I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.
>
> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
> So, please cast your votes:
>
> Here is my +1 :)

+1

	Chris.

Re: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le Jeudi, 19 fév 2004, à 11:17 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> ...I propose to move the producer part from the scratchpad into
> the block combining both and maintaining everything that
> belongs to the portal in one place.

+1
I haven't had time to look closer but this portlets stuff looks like a
Good Thing ;-)

-Bertrand

RE: [Vote] Move portlet environment into portal block

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
From: Carsten Ziegeler [mailto:cziegeler@s-und-n.de]

> In the scratchpad is the portlet environment which allows
> Cocoon to act as a JSR-168 producer. The portal block
> contains the JSR-168 consumer implementation. I propose to
> move the producer part from the scratchpad into the block
> combining both and maintaining everything that belongs to the
> portal in one place.
>
> (This will also avoid the duplicate need of the portal jars).
>
> So, please cast your votes:

+1

--
Reinhard