Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de> on 2008/12/15 11:08:02 UTC

Table footer should fill remaining space on page. Possible?

Hi everybody,

Is it possible to define a table footer which takes up all the remaining space on the page? I want a table which always spreads over the whole page, no matter how many rows of data it actually contains.

I tried to use

line-height.minimum="0pt"
line-height.optimum="0pt"
line-height.maximum="841.8898pt"

on table-row, tabe-cell and block, but no use. Without content in the block, the footer cells are always 0pt, with content the cells are always line-height.optimum. Any ideas?

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl

Geneon media solutions gmbh
Gutenstetter Straße 8a
90449 Nürnberg

HRB Nürnberg: 17193
Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert

Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20

www.geneon.de

AW: Table footer should fill remaining space on page. Possible?

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hi Vincent,

Well, would be too nice if every problem was solvable. Thanks anyway.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl

Geneon media solutions gmbh
Gutenstetter Straße 8a
90449 Nürnberg

HRB Nürnberg: 17193
Geschäftsführer: Yong-Harry Steiert

Tel.: 0911/36 78 88 - 26
Fax: 0911/36 78 88 - 20

www.geneon.de

> Is it possible to define a table footer which takes up all the remaining space on the page? I want a table which always spreads over the whole page, no matter how many rows of data it actually contains.

Theoretically yes, in practice this hasn't been implemented. Always the optimum value is used when laying out the table (that applies to the 'height' property on table-row as well).

I can't think of any work around, I'm afraid. :-(

> I tried to use
>
> line-height.minimum="0pt"
> line-height.optimum="0pt"
> line-height.maximum="841.8898pt"
>
> on table-row, tabe-cell and block, but no use. Without content in the block, the footer cells are always 0pt, with content the cells are always line-height.optimum. Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Georg Datterl

Vincent

Re: Table footer should fill remaining space on page. Possible?

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Georg,

Georg Datterl wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> Is it possible to define a table footer which takes up all the remaining space on the page? I want a table which always spreads over the whole page, no matter how many rows of data it actually contains.

Theoretically yes, in practice this hasn’t been implemented. Always the
optimum value is used when laying out the table (that applies to the
‘height’ property on table-row as well).

I can’t think of any work around, I’m afraid. :-(

> I tried to use
>
> line-height.minimum="0pt"
> line-height.optimum="0pt"
> line-height.maximum="841.8898pt"
>
> on table-row, tabe-cell and block, but no use. Without content in the block, the footer cells are always 0pt, with content the cells are always line-height.optimum. Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Georg Datterl

Vincent