Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Merico Raffaele <ra...@less.ch> on 2009/01/14 10:19:25 UTC

Cluster Cocoon 2.1.9 Applications

Dear Community

We have a several Cocoon applications consisting of:

-          Cocoon 2.1.9

-          Hibernate

-          MySql

-          Tomcat

and running on dedicated Linux servers.

In order to get a perfect failover situation we would like to setup a
cluster.

Tomcat is not a must and could be replaced with Jboss, since Jboss seems to
support clustering.

But we don't have the experience if Cocoon 2.1.9 applications can be run
with Jboss!?

Now we are looking for people that have the experience and the know how to
setup such a cluster.

Any experience, any advice or interest to setup such a cluster would be much
appreciated.

For your feedback many thanks in advance, Raffaele

Re: Cluster Cocoon 2.1.9 Applications

Posted by Luca Morandini <lm...@ieee.org>.
Merico Raffaele wrote:

> In order to get a perfect failover situation we would like to setup a
> cluster.
> Tomcat is not a must and could be replaced with Jboss, since Jboss seems
> to support clustering.
> But we don’t have the experience if Cocoon 2.1.9 applications can be run
> with Jboss!?

Yes, we (Sourcesense) have run Cocoon 2.1.x in a Jboss cluster
environment since early 2007 .

Regards,

--------------------
    Luca Morandini
www.lucamorandini.it
--------------------

Re: Cluster Cocoon 2.1.9 Applications

Posted by Gabriel Gruber <Ga...@workflow.at>.
Hi Raffaele,

we have a similar setup running at our customers site with over 6500 users
and we are using apache mod_jk for loadbalancing and tomcat 6 as appserver
on linux with mysql on aix.
our software stack includes:
- cocoon 2.1.10
- hibernate 3
- spring 2.5.

There are a number of issues you have to consider in order to get this to
work:

a) turn on stickysession in your loadbalancer, if you are using cocoon
continuations (like being used in cforms), because then http sessions can
not be replicated accross cluster nodes! (the continuation enriched http
session is not serializable anylonger...)
b) turn on cache replication for the hibernate second level cache. if you
are using ehcache, it is possible with latest version. however we had to
tweak the configuration a bit that it worked finally.  if you don't manage
to get it work, turn off second level cache or turn it only on at those
tables where there are almost no write operations.

cheers,

Gabriel

Mika Lehtonen <mi...@digikartta.net>
14.01.2009 15:25