Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Ian Dickinson <ia...@epimorphics.com> on 2011/01/07 22:36:11 UTC

Project web site

I accepted the action to set up the intial Jena incubator web presence.
Reading http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html, I note that:

"""
The sources for every podling site sources should be maintained in the
podling's SVN
"""

I also note that we're being encouraged to use the new CMS [1]. However,
I've read the documentation for the CMS now, several times, and I'm
still not sure what needs to happen for us to get at least a minimal
incubator site up. What do I actually need to *do*? I understand that
some Markdown needs to be in SVN somewhere, but where, and what else
needs setting up so that i.a.o/projects/jena.html will work? Mentors:
suggestions and hints please?

Thanks,
Ian

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/cms.html

Ian Dickinson                   Epimorphics Ltd, Bristol, UK
mailto:ian@epimorphics.com        http://www.epimorphics.com
cell: +44-7786-850536              landline: +44-1275-399069
Epimorphics Ltd.  is a limited company registered in England
(no. 7016688). Registered address: Court Lodge, 105 High St,
               Portishead, Bristol BS20 6PT, UK

Re: Project web site

Posted by Paolo Castagna <ca...@googlemail.com>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 07/01/2011 21:36, Ian Dickinson wrote:
>> I accepted the action to set up the intial Jena incubator web presence.
>> Reading http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html, I note that:
>>
>> """
>> The sources for every podling site sources should be maintained in the
>> podling's SVN
>> """
>
> That's not entirely true. In fact you can have an instance of confluence
> and then statically publish from there. Infra provide sufficent backup
> and recovery for COnfluence for us to treat it as a first class IP trail.
>
>> I also note that we're being encouraged to use the new CMS [1].
>
> Well "encouraged" might not be the right word. Certainly you should
> consider it over other options. It provides much more flexibility than
> Confluence because people can checkout from SVN and provide patches.
> However, it is new and is not a feature rich CMS.

I must say that I quite like the idea of using SVN as data store for
the website content and that everything happens automagically as you
commit to SVN. :-)

Re: Project web site

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.