Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Adi Fairbank <ad...@certsite.com> on 2001/02/28 01:46:32 UTC

[OT] Re: mkdir function syntax

Chriss,

Please mark your subject [OT] for off-topic in the future, as this is not a
mod_perl question, but a general Perl question and probably should be taken to
one of the comp.lang.perl.* newsgroups anyway.

In the good natured spirit of the mod_perl community, I'll answer the question
anyway.

replace

14  MKDIR ($makeDirectoryDocs$ProjectNumber);
15
16  MKDIR ($makeDirectoryImages$ProjectNumber);

with

14  mkdir ($makeDirectoryDocs.$ProjectNumber, 0755);
15
16  mkdir ($makeDirectoryImages.$ProjectNumber, 0755);

On my platform, mkdir must be lowercase, but maybe not on yours.  It also
requires a second MODE parameter, but likely not on the mac.

You'll also need to change

22  <body bgcolor="#ffffff"
onLoad="document.location.href='categories.mch?ProjectNumber$ProjectNumber';">

22  <body bgcolor="#ffffff"
onLoad="document.location.href='categories.mch?ProjectNumber=$ProjectNumber';">

in order for CGI.pm to get your ProjectNumber correctly.

-Adi