Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by AI Rumman <ru...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/02 17:10:55 UTC

What is OneMinuteRate in Write Latency?

Hi,

I am trying to calculate the Read/second and Write/Second in my Cassandra
2.1 cluster. After searching and reading, I came to know about JMX bean
"org.apache.cassandra.metrics:type=ClientRequest,scope=Write,name=Latency".
Here I can see oneMinuteRate. I have started a brand new cluster and
started collected these metrics from 0.
When I started my first record, I can see

Count = 1
> OneMinuteRate = 0.01599111...

Does it mean that my write/s is 0.0159911? Or does it mean that based on 1
minute data, my write latency is 0.01599 where Write Latency refers to the
response time for writing a record?

Please help me understand the value.

Thanks.

Re: What is OneMinuteRate in Write Latency?

Posted by Chris Lohfink <cl...@gmail.com>.
Its from the metrics library Meter
<https://github.com/dropwizard/metrics/blob/3.1-maintenance/metrics-core/src/main/java/com/codahale/metrics/Meter.java>
object which tracks the exponentially weighted moving average
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_average#Exponential_moving_average>
of events.

Chris

Posted by Nicolas Guyomar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

OneMinuteRate is the mean rate of write/s over a minute bucket of data
AFAIK.

You can find Latencies on every attributes whose name does not end with
"Rate"