Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by navaz <na...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/16 23:15:31 UTC

Hadoop- Network ( protocols) information

Hi

Hadoop uses Application layer protocol HTTP . Can anyone tell why it has to
go all the way to  Application layer  but all its nodes are in single
hadoop cluster?  Pls give me some links which describes what  exactly
happening during map-reduce .( What messages are exchanged , protocol, port
numbers, How the connection is established , etc).

I would like to see all these network information. Can anyone help me on
this?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards
*Abdul Navaz*

Fwd: Hadoop- Network ( protocols) information

Posted by navaz <na...@gmail.com>.
second try

--
*Abdul Navaz*
*Masters in Network Communications*

Re: Hadoop- Network ( protocols) information

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

I think you are asking for quite a bit without any indication that you have tried to lookup this information yourself.

Start with your favourite search engine. and look for "hadoop firewall", for example.

One example http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.2.0/bk_reference/content/reference_chap2.html

Marco

Posted by Marco Shaw <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi.