Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Karim Hosny <ka...@its.ws> on 2015/03/26 08:49:09 UTC

Adding user to Active Directory with Kerberos binding

Hi,

So I got the certificates working and apache Directory working fine over secure connection using startTLS and im able to add users, but I need also to bind using Kerberos and add users but it fails when I try it, my guess it requires to call startTLS probably, but from what I understood you either connect using startTLS or saslGssApi correct?

How can I bind using kerberos and be able to perform secure sensitive operations?

Thanks,
Karim

RE: Adding user to Active Directory with Kerberos binding

Posted by Karim Hosny <ka...@its.ws>.
Got it, thanks Kiran

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:30 PM, Karim Hosny <ka...@its.ws> wrote:

> Let me rephrase my question.
>
> When I use SaslGssApi it means that I use Kerberos for authentication to
> the LDAP server, now this authentication process doesn't it use a secure
> connection or is it done in plain text? And if it does use secure
> connection then I shouldn't call the method startTLS() to create a secure
> layer right?
>
> it is performed on an insecured connection, and kerberos doesn't need a
secure connection

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

RE: Adding user to Active Directory with Kerberos binding

Posted by Karim Hosny <ka...@its.ws>.
Let me rephrase my question.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Adding user to Active Directory with Kerberos binding

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

RE: Adding user to Active Directory with Kerberos binding

Posted by Karim Hosny <ka...@its.ws>.

Hi Kiran,

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: Adding user to Active Directory with Kerberos binding

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com