Posted to user@spark.apache.org by lihu <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/18 04:35:41 UTC

Monitor the network Communication

Hi,

   I try to *monitor the spark network communication, not the total network
communication in my node*.

   So I need the communication port, I figured out that the
ConnectionManager port in the spark is random assigned, I can get the port
from the BlockManager in the master when every node register their
BlockManager, and send the port to Ganglia, and then start monitor this
port in every node.

   But I found this method is a little complicated, and I do not sure if
this can work well, so is there any good method to monitor the spark
network communication? thanks!

   *btw:* What is the network communication data of Ganglia run on EC2, the
total network package on the node?