Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> on 2006/01/25 21:04:08 UTC

trans_tests.py test 1 fails when building in very deep directories

Just dropping a note to the dev list since subversion.tigris.org is down right now.

I've been able to get a failure in trans_tests.py test 1 on a Mac OS X 10.4.4
and a Centos 4.1 system when Subversion is built in a very deep directory.  I
don't know if this is an edge case, but if you unpack subversion-1.3.0 in a
current working directory of length 130 characters, then this failure occurs:

FAIL:  trans_tests.py 1: commit new files with keywords active from birth

working copy line 4, Expected: $URL::
file:///bztmp/very_long_and_deep_directory/very_long_and_deep_directory/very_long_and_deep_directory/very_long_and_deep_directory1234567/subversion-1.3.0/subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/svn-test-work/repositories/trans_tests-1/fixed_length_keyword#$
working copy line 4, Got:      $URL::

                                                $

Steps to reproduce:

$ mkdir
/tmp/subversion_test_long_paths/subversion_test_long_paths/subversion_test_long_paths/subversion_test_long_paths/subversion_test_
$ cd
/tmp/subversion_test_long_paths/subversion_test_long_paths/subversion_test_long_paths/subversion_test_long_paths/subversion_test_
$ bzcat /where/is/my/subversion-1.3.0.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
$ cd subversion-1.3.0
$ ./configure --prefix=/tmp/svn
$ make
$ make check TESTS=subversion/tests/clients/cmdline/trans_tests.py

Regards,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac, Ph.D.
<bl...@orcaware.com>

Re: trans_tests.py test 1 fails when building in very deep directories

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Blair Zajac wrote:

> I've been able to get a failure in trans_tests.py test 1 on a Mac OS X 10.4.4
> and a Centos 4.1 system when Subversion is built in a very deep directory.  I
> don't know if this is an edge case, but if you unpack subversion-1.3.0 in a
> current working directory of length 130 characters, then this failure occurs:

This is caused by SVN_KEYWORD_MAX_LEN being defined as 255.  This has been
reported before by some poor Java people =)

Regards,
//Peter