Posted to dev@griffin.apache.org by William Guo <gu...@apache.org> on 2017/08/02 13:20:18 UTC

Meeting minutes with Nielsen:

  *   Discuss griffin to support filters for metastore tables or navigation assistance for table selection on UI.
  *   Griffin provides RESTful API for backend.
  *   Discuss griffin to support multiple source or target tables.
  *   Discuss more supporting file types, such as parquet.
  *   In griffin, the partition field is optional, it just helps to provide the specific part of data, it will get all the data of a table without any partition information.
  *   Config json file provides the parameters for griffin measure calculation, you can also submit a spark job with it directly.
  *   Currently, griffin can only reuse measure, not rule. We’ll discuss about this, if we need to support reusing rules.
  *   Sample ratio field in config file is optional, in batch mode we don’t need to configure it.
  *   In griffin, mapping of columns are limited, discuss to support advanced features like joining between tables , or advanced sql script.
  *   At current, the rule parser doesn’t support customized rules, griffin has the plan to support this. //TODO document it and send it to dev list
  *   Griffin doesn’t support metrics alert function, it posts all the metrics to elasticsearch, es supports such feature. //TODO, write a solution for it based on elastic search
  *   In griffin, you can’t modify the exist rules or measure at current.

Thanks,
William

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
Sure, sample for profiling is on our agenda.

Posted by Ananthanarayanan Ms <an...@nielsen.com>.
Hi William,

Posted by Ananthanarayanan Ms <an...@nielsen.com>.
Hi William/Lionel,