Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Giles Sirett <gi...@shapeblue.com> on 2013/04/16 11:40:58 UTC

cloudstack collab

There was a thread a while back about collab 2013, whether to do one or two and where to have them

What was the final decision?  (was there a final decision ?)
Who has taken on organisation ?

This is  a bit of a giveaway that one of them is going to be in Santa Clara 23 June  http://cloudstackcollab.net/

As you can tell I wasnt paying much attention at the time, sorry

Kind Regards
Giles

Giles Sirett
CEO

giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> | Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: cloudstack collab

Posted by Mark Hinkle <Ma...@citrix.com>.
Giles,

I am organizing the summer one in Santa Clara with Chip, John Kinsella, Ke4qqq, and Joe Brockmeier.
Chip and Joe are going to work on the CFP process and selecting talks through a project committer selection process.
We just had our first planning meeting last Friday so details are forthcoming soon.
Hugo and Schuberg Philis are working on a European one in Amersterdam in the fall.
New website should be live this week and we hope to open CFP this weekend.
Dates are going to be:
Hackfest - 3/24
CCC 13 North America will happen on 6/24-6/25

Regards, Mark

RE: cloudstack collab

Posted by "Kelcey Damage (BT)" <ke...@backbonetechnology.com>.
I see, switching it up this year. June is closing fast and I have seen no
requests for proposal submissions

RE: cloudstack collab

October/November? So will that overlap the NA Collab?

on
>organisation ?
>
>This is  a bit of a giveaway that one of them is going to be in Santa
>Clara
23 June

RE: cloudstack collab

Posted by "Kelcey Damage (BT)" <ke...@backbonetechnology.com>.

Re: cloudstack collab

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 07:47:23AM -0400, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:
> Giles,
>
> Talking on IRC with Hugo we did think it would be great to have the date/venue set by Collab Santa Clara, so that we could announce it then.

Yes, I would *love* to include the announcement in the opening talk I'm
planning on giving (a state of the "Stack" as it were).

Re: cloudstack collab

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
Giles,

Talking on IRC with Hugo we did think it would be great to have the date/venue set by Collab Santa Clara, so that we could announce it then.

-sebastien

RE: cloudstack collab

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.
Not yet.

RE: cloudstack collab

RE: cloudstack collab

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.

RE: cloudstack collab

RE: cloudstack collab

Re: cloudstack collab

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013, at 04:40 AM, Giles Sirett wrote:
> There was a thread a while back about collab 2013, whether to do one or
> two and where to have them
>

> What was the final decision?  (was there a final decision ?)
> Who has taken on organisation ?

There will be two, the first one is scheduled for June in CA from June
23-25. The Website is in production right now and we should be
announcing CFP very shortly.

> This is  a bit of a giveaway that one of them is going to be in Santa
> Clara 23 June  http://cloudstackcollab.net/
>
> As you can tell I wasnt paying much attention at the time, sorry
>

> Kind Regards
> Giles
>

> Giles Sirett
> CEO

> giles.sirett@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> |
> www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com/> |
> Twitter:@shapeBlue<https://twitter.com/#!/shapeblue>

> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
> or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not
> necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If
> you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take
> any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please
> contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.
> Services India LLP is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Best,

jzb
--