Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2006/06/22 17:15:50 UTC

Yet more build.xml cleanup...

More items for discussion:

1) Move src/main class files from build to build/classes.  I mentioned
this a day or two ago so I'm going to do this soon unless anyone
objects.

2) Move the archive, luni, nio_char, and text clauses from
make/build-test.xml in to the respective module ant files.  And at the
same time change the target of the moves to be the bin/test directory
within the module.  (To more easily facilitate the creation of module
test jars.)

3) Move the deploy/build/*.{mak,mk} files to deploy/build/make.

4) Make a jar from the test support classes to live in the deploy/build/
test.  To enable me to do ...

5) Add a call to the test support jar target to the end of the top-level
'build' target.  This is to enable the following to "just work":

  svn co ...
  cd classlib
  ant build
  cd modules/luni
  # work on module
  ant test

I'd like to say this is the last of the things I'd like to fix, but I'm
sure I'll see more when I go to "fix" these.

Regards,
 Mark.