Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <ku...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/16 23:40:49 UTC

Exception with datanucleus while running hive tests in eclipse

I installed datanucleus eclipse plugin as I realized that it is needed to
run some of the hive tests in eclipse. While trying to run the enhancer
tool, I keep getting this exception:

"Exception occurred executing command line. Cannot run program
"/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/java"
...Argument list is too long"

Has anyone else encountered this too? My machine is running OS X 10.7.

Thanks,

Swarnim

Re: Exception with datanucleus while running hive tests in eclipse

Posted by Mahsa Mofidpoor <mo...@gmail.com>.
I ran into the same problem on the same MAC OS version.
This seems to be a JVM command line issue. it exceeds its limits and it's
platform independent. I know IntelliJ Idea handles this case.

Posted by Mahsa Mofidpoor <mo...@gmail.com>.