Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su> on 2013/02/07 21:46:14 UTC

Re: How? copy a graph exa­ctly­ (no data table) to ­anoth­er file - partial s­uc

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 18:34:02 -0000, David L Babcock
<ol...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Using your latest advice (above) I was able to get 4 of 5 graphs
> transferred.  The 5th graph copied over with the sheet, but when -in the
> new spreadsheet-  I recopied it to the correct sheet, it still popped
> into "data table" form.  In all 5 cases the data ranges and the graphs
> are on the same sheet.

copying between the sheets of the same document can be acomplished through
the following ritual:
1. rename the source sheet to Sheet1,
2. create a temporary document containing a sheet named Sheet1,
3. copy the graph between these sheets (in fact, you can copy to any other
tempdoc's sheet on this step, Sheet1's bare existence within the tempdoc
is quite sufficient),
4. restore the source sheet's name to its original state,
5. rename the destination sheet to Sheet1,
6. copy the graph to this Sheet1 from the tempdoc's Sheet1,
7. rename the destination back to what it used to be previously.

you see, the clue is to always copy between the sheets named 'Sheet1'. i
realise it's ridiculous, but it works. as it has already been mentioned,
copying graphs is a bug common throughout all spreadsheet editors.

Re: How? copy a graph exa­ctly­ (no data table) to ­anoth­er file - partial s­uc

Posted by David L Babcock <ol...@rochester.rr.com>.
On 2/7/2013 3:46 PM, johnny smith wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 18:34:02 -0000, David L Babcock
> <ol...@rochester.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Using your latest advice (above) I was able to get 4 of 5 graphs
>> transferred.  The 5th graph copied over with the sheet, but when -in the
>> new spreadsheet-  I recopied it to the correct sheet, it still popped
>> into "data table" form.  In all 5 cases the data ranges and the graphs
>> are on the same sheet.
> copying between the sheets of the same document can be acomplished through
> the following ritual:
> 1. rename the source sheet to Sheet1,
> 2. create a temporary document containing a sheet named Sheet1,
> 3. copy the graph between these sheets (in fact, you can copy to any other
> tempdoc's sheet on this step, Sheet1's bare existence within the tempdoc
> is quite sufficient),
> 4. restore the source sheet's name to its original state,
> 5. rename the destination sheet to Sheet1,
> 6. copy the graph to this Sheet1 from the tempdoc's Sheet1,
> 7. rename the destination back to what it used to be previously.
>
> you see, the clue is to always copy between the sheets named 'Sheet1'. i
> realise it's ridiculous, but it works. as it has already been mentioned,
> copying graphs is a bug common throughout all spreadsheet editors.

NOW my mind is properly boggled!  I gotta try it....

Dave B