Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ah...@wipro.com on 2009/11/17 10:20:44 UTC

Regarding Apache Axis not releasing objects (possible memory leak)

Hi

Background of the Problem:
I used Apache Axis 1 - 1.3 to create some stubs.
Using these stubs, I had written a Web Service client to access a Web Service (which is an external web service, developed long back with Axis 1 - 1.3).

Tests done to re-produce the problem:
We have been doing a Load Test and while doing this we hooked JProbe on to our WAR file.
In the JProbe snapshots captured before, during and after the processing by the WAR file, we noticed the following:
a. Objects in the package org.apache.* are not getting released.
    Instead, even after the processing is complete by the war (i.e. on the next day too), it still shows count of the objects in the pacakge org.apache.* as same as what was present after the previous nights test.
    There is no decrease in the memory utilized on the next day.
b. Objects in the package edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.* also exhibit the same behavior.

FYI - Environment:
Application Server - IBM WebSphere 6
Java - JDK 1.5
OS - Solaris
Apache Axis - Axis 1 - 1.3

Can anybody please suggest a way to solve this ?

Regards
Ahmad

www.wipro.com

RE: Regarding Apache Axis not releasing objects (possible memory leak)

Posted by ah...@wipro.com.
Sure Sriram,

Please do throw some light on this. We noticed similar behavior in Axis 2.1.4

Regards
Ahmad

Can Axis 2 developers throw some light on this .

-Sriram

The INTERNET now has a personality. YOURS! See your Yahoo! Homepage <http://in.rd.yahoo.com/tagline_yyi_1/*http://in.yahoo.com/> .

Posted by sri ram <pi...@yahoo.co.in>.
[...]

Ahmad Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

www.wipro.com