Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "S. Jayaraman" <sj...@consor.ch> on 2002/03/25 19:46:00 UTC

Widows and Orphans Setting

Hi folks

I have a problem. I am trying to use the attributes "widows" and "orphans"
to control the page break. I wish to avoid the situation that a title dos
not come at the end of a page alone. It should come in the next page, if
there is no space for 3-4 lines following it.

Please refer to the fop extract below.

I still end up with the situation that the title appears in one page and the
text appears in the next page.

Where am I going wrong ?

Thanx a million in advance

Rgds
Jay

********* FOP EXTRACT  ********************

<fo:block text-align="start" orphans="3" widows="3">
	Here is a title
	<fo:block space-after="0.0cm">
		This is the text that should come under the title.. There are many lines.
This is cut off
		in this mail......
	</fo:block>
</fo:block>

************ END OF FOP EXTRACT *************

Re: Widows and Orphans Setting

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
S. Jayaraman wrote:
> I have a problem. I am trying to use the attributes "widows" and "orphans"
> to control the page break.
You are probably out of luck. The table of implemented
features (you can find it in your distribution, file
docs/html-docs/implemented.html or on the Apache Fop
site) does not mention either property, and states
"All other properties are not implemented".

The implementation of this and some related features
is the object of the current efford, but it will take
some time to get it done.

J.Pietschmann