Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Fabien Campagne <ca...@inka.mssm.edu> on 1999/05/28 00:10:01 UTC

Re: mod_jserv/4482: Apache JServ compiles and install but is said garbled by the apache dynamic module support

The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/4482; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Fabien Campagne <ca...@inka.mssm.edu>
To: apbugs@hyperreal.org, jserv-bugdb@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_jserv/4482: Apache JServ compiles and install but is said
 garbled by the apache dynamic module support
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 16:54:39 -0400

 apbugs@hyperreal.org wrote:

 > >Category:       mod_jserv
 > >Responsible:    jserv
 > >Synopsis:       Apache JServ compiles and install but is said garbled by the apache dynamic module support
 > >Arrival-Date:   Thu May 27 11:10:02 PDT 1999

 I tried to install jserv1.0b5 statically in apache1.3.6.
 No compilation problem or whatsoever, but when apachectl start
 is invoked the following happen:

 apachectl start
 You must specify a secret key, or disable this feature.
 To disable, add "ApJServSecretKey DISABLED" to your Apache configuration
 file.
 To use, add "ApJServSecretKey {filename}" where filename is document
 with more or less random contents, and perhaps a few kb in length.
 The Apache JServ documentation explains this in more detail.
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart: httpd could not be started

 Then I disabled the secretKey feature (ApJServSecretKey DISABLED),
 by the way, where is the doc for this feature ???
 and again:

  apachectl start

 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl: kill: no such process
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart: httpd not running, trying to
 start
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl restart: httpd could not be started

 In the the error_log:

 [Thu May 27 16:52:31 1999] [crit] (2)No such file or directory: Apache
 JServ encountered a fatal error; check your ApJServLog
 File for details if none are present in this file.  Exiting.

 In logs/mod_jserv.log

 [27/05/1999 16:52:31:288] (ERROR) in init all protocols "wrapper"
 returned an error
 [27/05/1999 16:52:31:289] (EMERGENCY) Error initializing protocols

 there is a real problem here. Next step, I try the same thing with
 JServ1.0b3.

 Fabien Campagne      -- Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics,
 phone: (212)-241-0860   Box 1218, Mount Sinai School of Medicine,
 fax:   (212)-860-3369   One Gustave L. Levy Place,