Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Vincent Hardy <vi...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/11/20 20:07:46 UTC

[admin] Press release quote from the Batik team.

Hello,

As you know, all of our companies will provide quotes for the Batik
press release. In addition, the PR draft requires a quote from the team:

> "PLACEHOLDER FOR QUOTE" recommend one with the pseudo title of the person
> quoted being something like, Batik Team Leader or Co-Leader and then their
> professional title and affiliation.

So, one of us could do a quote. I think one option is to do a group
quote (it is probably less conventional, but I like the idea of making
a group statement).

So I propose the following quote:

"Batik provides building blocks that developers can assemble in
various ways in their Java technology applications to generate,
parse, view or convert SVG contents. For example, Batik contains
a Swing component that can add SVG viewing capability to all Java
technology applications. Batik can also be used to generate SVG on
a client or on a server, and Batik can convert SVG content into
other formats such as JPEG or PNG. Batik's goal is to make it easy
for application developers to handle SVG content for various
purposes, client-side or server-side", says the Batik team.

Let me know what you think.
V.

Re: [admin] Press release quote from the Batik team.

Posted by Vincent Hardy <vi...@eng.sun.com>.
Bill,

Thanks for the feedback.
V.