Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Doms <ad...@inf.tu-dresden.de> on 2004/10/13 16:38:59 UTC

static xml files is processed but when I use my generator something is missing

I wrote a generator for cocoon producing SAX events.
When I try to put it in a pipeline with an xslt transformer
Only a part (the first level of the tags) are tranformed in the xsl
tranforamtion. The rest seems to be not there when looking at the result.

But when I output the result of my generator into a xml file and
afterwards use this xml file to generate my html everything work fine.
I do not have to change the tranformation. So the transformation is correct.

Is it possible that some SAX events get lost in the first configuration?

Re: static xml files is processed but when I use my generator something is missing

Posted by Andreas Doms <ad...@inf.tu-dresden.de>.
Thanks!

The problem was that I called contentHandler.startElement("","",tag,attr);

I fixed it to:
contentHandler.startElement(namespace, tag,
namespace.equals("")?namespace+":":"")+tag, attr);

Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Comment out your transformer and use the xml serializer to find out what
> your generator is really sending through the pipeline. Also you can use
> the LogTransformer
> (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/log-transformer.html)
> or views (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/concepts/views.html) to
> check the output of your pipeline at various stages.
>
> HTH
> Jorg
>
> Andreas Doms wrote:
>
>> I wrote a generator for cocoon producing SAX events.
>> When I try to put it in a pipeline with an xslt transformer
>> Only a part (the first level of the tags) are tranformed in the xsl
>> tranforamtion. The rest seems to be not there when looking at the result.
>>
>> But when I output the result of my generator into a xml file and
>> afterwards use this xml file to generate my html everything work fine.
>> I do not have to change the tranformation. So the transformation is
>> correct.
>>
>> Is it possible that some SAX events get lost in the first configuration?

Andreas Doms
Bioinformatics Group
TU Dresden
Tatzberg 47-51
01307 Dresden, Germany

Phone: +49 351 463 40066
EMail: adoms@adoms.de

Re: static xml files is processed but when I use my generator something is missing

Posted by Jorg Heymans <jh...@domek.be>.