Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Lewis E. Randerson" <lr...@pppl.gov> on 2006/12/11 20:53:02 UTC

Can not find hot-backup.py after installation.

Hi,

Where is hot-backup.py supposed to be after a successful
build from subversion-1.3.0.tar.gz.  I do not see in
my installed directory:
   /usr/pppl/subversion/1.3.0/bin

Although it is in the the are from which subversion was build.
There is under:
  /local/randerso/subversion-1.3.0/tools/backup/hot-backup.py

============= Here are excerpts from my build notes ========
# On portal as randerso
cd /local/randerso
/bin/tar zxpf /usr/pppl/src/subversion-1.3.0.tar.gz
cd subversion-1.3.0
PREFIX=/usr/pppl/subversion/1.3.0
./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --with-ssl --with-libs=/usr/ad
/usr/bin/make

# On portal as root
/bin/mkdir /usr/pppl/subversion
cd /local/randerso/subversion-1.3.0
/usr/bin/make install

RE: Can not find hot-backup.py after installation.

Posted by "Lewis E. Randerson" <lr...@pppl.gov>.
Malcolm,

Thanks.  Also I will switch my e-mail to the users list
after this.

--Lew

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 03:53:02PM -0500, Lewis E. Randerson wrote:
> Where is hot-backup.py supposed to be after a successful
> build from subversion-1.3.0.tar.gz.  I do not see in
> my installed directory:
>    /usr/pppl/subversion/1.3.0/bin
>
> Although it is in the the are from which subversion was build.
> There is under:
>   /local/randerso/subversion-1.3.0/tools/backup/hot-backup.py

I think you just answered your own question!  It's in the build area -
we don't install anything under tools/ or contrib/ by default.

(and this question should have gone to the users mailing list).

Regards,
Malcolm

Re: Can not find hot-backup.py after installation.

Posted by Malcolm Rowe <ma...@farside.org.uk>.