Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Daniel Hannum <dh...@quovadx.com> on 2007/03/26 15:19:02 UTC

Reseting validations

Hi,

I'd like to reset validations on my page. I don't see anything in my
book or the web discussing this, so maybe I'm doing something I
shouldn't. Please let me know what you think.

I have a page which is submitted but there are validation errors, so the
page is redisplayed and the errors displayed. On the redisplayed page,
the user then makes a change, which does an autoSubmit and updates the
component that had the validation error. Now I would like to tell that
component to stop displaying the validation error because it no longer
applies. All I see is "setValid()" which seems to remove the red "X" by
the component (good), but the validation error message still displays.

Is there another method to call? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Dan