Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by João Luiz de Brito Macaíba <ma...@nc-rj.rnp.br> on 2002/07/10 00:44:16 UTC

deploying a new application using /manager - application could not be started

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a application (jcvslet). So, I took the following
actions:

1. Installing the application
   --------------------------

in :
http://localhost/manager/install?path=/jcvslet&war=jar:file:///C:/Program%20Files/Apache%20Tomcat%204.0/war/jcvslet.war!/

out:
OK - Installed application at context path /jcvslet

2. Checking the installation
   -------------------------

in :
http://localhost/manager/list

out:
OK - Listed applications for virtual host localhost
/manager:running:0
/examples:running:0
/jcvslet:stopped:0
/tomcat-docs:running:0
/webdav:running:0
/eDoc:running:0
/test:running:0
/:running:0

3. Starting the application
   ------------------------

in :
http://localhost/manager/start?path=/jcvslet

out:
FAIL - Application at context path /jcvslet could not be started

---

I did not find anything neither in the logs nor in the archives that could
explain that.

Any idea  ?

Thanks in advance,
Joao Macaiba.

--
>From "The Practice Programming" by Brian W Kernighan & Rob Pike:

  Another effective [debugging] technique is to explain your code to
someone else. This will often cause you to explain the bug to yourself.
Sometimes it takes no more than a few sentences, followed by an
embarrassed "Never mind. I see what's wrong. Sorry to bother you."

  This works remarkbly well; you can even use non-programmers as
listeners. One university computer center kept a teddy bear near the help
desk. Students with mysterious bugs were required to explain them to the
bear before they could speak to a human counselor.