Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Verstuyft, Jan" <Ja...@eu.sony.com> on 2008/06/19 13:40:33 UTC

[Axis2] - parameter of methods are dissapearing

Hi,

We are kind of new in developing and deploying webservices.  Everything works fine, until we've deployed the total Web Application to a STAGING environment.  We just have some simple webservices that are tested and works fine on our development environment.  For instance, we have a Webservice with a method

public String login(String username, String password)

and in the services.xml we have defined the following:
	<service name="SessionService">
	    <description>
	        This service creates a new Clfy session and returns the sessionId.
	    </description>
	    <parameter name="ServiceClass">com.ideal.ws.session.SessionService</parameter>
	    <operation name="login">
	    	<messageReceiver class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver" />
	    </operation>
	</service>

The wsdl that is generated by Axis2 at the development environment is the attachment SessionService.wsdl.
The wsdl that is generated by Axis2 at the staging environment is the attachment SessionService_sta.wsdl.
You can see that at staging, the method login is still included, but without parameters and without a return value.

We are using Weblogic 8.1 as Application Server.

At staging, there is a loadbalancing system.  So we actually have 2 Weblogic Servers with in front 1 Apache server.  But we have already asked at our System Administrator to check if the generated WSDL from the Weblogic instance is the same and he has confirmed it.

Can you please help us?

With kind regards,

Jan Verstuyft
CRM Developer
Contact Center Solutions
Business Process Development & Solutions

Sony Vaio of Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:
+32 (0)2 708 56 89
Fax:
+32 (0)2 706 44 60
Mobile:
+32 (0)497 11 13 45
E-mail:
jan.verstuyft@eu.sony.com
Internet:
www.sony-europe.com

Sony VAIO of Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Dexia bank 552-2849700-82

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony's global policies and standards

Re: [Axis2] - parameter of methods are dissapearing

Posted by Jan Verstuyft <ja...@googlemail.com>.
Indeed, at development it is also on Weblogic with the same Axis2 version.
We will try to redeploy the application.  Maybe it helps.

kind regards

Jan Verstuyft

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Verstuyft <ja...@googlemail.com>.
As I mentioned yesterday, I've asked a redeploy, and now the problem is
solved.  Strange but true :).  If it happens again, I will come back to this
and will deliver also the service archive.

Thanks for your feedback.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Verstuyft,