Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Volkan OZYILMAZ <vo...@volko.biz> on 2007/05/31 10:41:08 UTC

refresh problem

Hello All,

I use sturts 2. My web program work well but when i add a refresh link in my
page, starting a problem.

First i had use javascript:reload() function. When use this link, page
sometimes not get data. But sometimes get. I change my reload() function.

<script name="javascript">
function refresh()
{
    var sURL = unescape(window.location.pathname);
    window.location.href = sURL;
}
</script>

This is old style and working.

After, i prepared a small report page. It has JFreeChart's charts. It is
working but when i add a refresh link it has a problem. I research ajax. I
change my refresh link

<s:url id="ajaxTest" value="CampaignManagerCallDurationSlice.action">
    <s:param name="id" value="${id}" />
</s:url>
<s:a theme="ajax" href="%{ajaxTest}" targets="Div1" notifyTopics="/request"
>Yenile</s:a>

But result not change. I watched this process. Page not waiting action class
work done. Page has waiting.... and show result but action class still
working.

It can be possible a settings in action mapped xml file? Or any suggestion?

----------------------------------
Volkan OZYILMAZ
Volko
http://www.volko.biz
----------------------------------

Re: refresh problem

Posted by Oguz Kologlu <oz...@optusnet.com.au>.
Hi Volkan,

I had a similar issue which turned out to be a a bug in the result
page. It seems when you have an error in an ajax result page nothing
gets reported (probably for good reason), but it makes things
difficult to debug.

The simplest way I find to resolve it is to make the ajax call
directly (ie it's own page) so you can see the resultant page
directly, and perhaps put in breakpoints/debug statements as well.

HTH,
Oz

Re: refresh problem

Posted by Volkan OZYILMAZ <vo...@volko.biz>.
I tryed this problem with FireFox, IE6, IE7. Same results.

On 5/31/07, Mark Shifman <ma...@yale.edu> wrote:

> I had a similar problem that I never really worked out and I will be
> interested in
> hearing if anyone has solved this.
>
> I was wondering if this was a caching issue with your browser.  I had
> the problem with
> firefox.
> any suggestions appreciated.
> mas
> Volkan OZYILMAZ wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I use sturts 2. My web program work well but when i add a refresh link
> > in my
> > page, starting a problem.
> >
> > First i had use javascript:reload() function. When use this link, page
> > sometimes not get data. But sometimes get. I change my reload()
> function.
> >
> > <script name="javascript">
> > function refresh()
> > {
> >    var sURL = unescape(window.location.pathname);
> >    window.location.href = sURL;
> > }
> > </script>
> >
> > This is old style and working.
> >
> > After, i prepared a small report page. It has JFreeChart's charts. It is
> > working but when i add a refresh link it has a problem. I research
> > ajax. I
> > change my refresh link
> >
> > <s:url id="ajaxTest" value="CampaignManagerCallDurationSlice.action">
> >    <s:param name="id" value="${id}" />
> > </s:url>
> > <s:a theme="ajax" href="%{ajaxTest}" targets="Div1"
> > notifyTopics="/request"
> >> Yenile</s:a>
> >
> > But result not change. I watched this process. Page not waiting action
> > class
> > work done. Page has waiting.... and show result but action class still
> > working.
> >
> > It can be possible a settings in action mapped xml file? Or any
> > suggestion?
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> --
> Mark Shifman MD. Ph.D.