Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Greg <gr...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/31 20:31:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Dynamic SSL

Hi guys,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm unable to find much.

I'm attempting to make one virtualhost that is basically a wildcard
setup. they all share the same docroot and such, but the domain names
can be different.

I have considered making a new virtualhost per domain, but there are
reasons I would prefer to make the system not need such a thing.

The goal:

1 virtualhost that can have many domain names accessing it. It should
use SSL engine and each domain should have it's own SSL certificate.

I've already got the non-ssl version setup.

So my initial thoughts are this might be possible with a pipe and an
executable or using variables for the accessing domain.

Now, I figure someone has wanted to do this in the past, there are so
many good reasons why someone would do this. So if it's not been done,
The only thing I could think that would prevent this from working would
be that perhaps apache was loading the cert and info on startup making
it very difficult to change the info on the fly.

Any thoughts?

--
Thank you,
Greg Borbonus

Re: [users@httpd] Dynamic SSL

Posted by Greg <gr...@gmail.com>.
When I first read this, I was like... really?

but then I read the docs and felt like smacking myself in the forehead.
I skimmed over the critical flaw without giving it a second look.

I'll need to rethink this design. Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] Dynamic SSL

Posted by Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi,