Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Kmiec <km...@expertcity.com> on 2000/02/04 21:55:08 UTC

Experience with Tomcat 3.0 and Raven (Apache 1.3.9 w/ SSL)

Hello,
  I've looked through the JSDK 2.2 features and I liked what I see, so I
decided to give it a shot. First, I installed the stable version of tomcat
and got it to work with my existing raven installation. I just tweaked my
old jserv.conf, added a little url rewriting, and made tomcat serve just
the Ajp calls. The examples that come with tomcat worked just fine. Then,
I moved my project, developed with JSDK 2.0, to the new setup without much
problems. There was one issue I ran into though,

  I noticed that one of my pages which loads over a span of two minutes in
chunks wasn't working anymore. It seemed like the flushing of the
output stream wasn't working anymore. With a little investigation it
turned out that for every chunk I was setting the content type and the
headers. This was obviously a problem on my part since the api says to
only set the content type and headers once. The funny things is that it
worked 2.0 jserv implemention. I was then wondering how come the API
doens't throw some soft of exception?

  Another question I had pertains to the web.dtd. Does anyone have
examples of the more interesting features like the form based
authentication. Although the tags have some explanation, it isn't clear
how to properly use all the tags.

Thanks,
Paul