Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Hohmann <mi...@gmx.de> on 2003/09/18 10:27:42 UTC

pipeline for wml-clients

I got the following problem with cocoon

I am using a pipeline with some "select" and "when" statements in order
to get the requesting client identified and the xml transformed into to
the right format.
It works fine for IE and Opera so far and things really get transformed
differently for these two (by requesting the very same url). But when I
use a Wap-client (Simulator) it keeps telling me 'url not found'.
I created another Pipeline called dummy in order to find out if the
stylesheet for the wml has a bug, but it works fine that way.

thanks people

sampleee

Re: pipeline for wml-clients

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Michael Hohmann wrote:

> I got the following problem with cocoon
>
> I am using a pipeline with some "select" and "when" statements in order
> to get the requesting client identified and the xml transformed into to
> the right format.
>
> It works fine for IE and Opera so far and things really get transformed
> differently for these two (by requesting the very same url). But when I
> use a Wap-client (Simulator) it keeps telling me 'url not found'.
>
> I created another Pipeline called dummy in order to find out if the
> stylesheet for the wml has a bug, but it works fine that way.

Sounds like your selector is not finding your user agent (possibly
because you're using a simulator).  The definition is configurable, so
you'll need to look into how your simulator is identifying itself (easy
with the request generator sample) and adjust the selector declaration
to accomodate.

Even after you get this fixed, you should add a fall through section to
your pipeline for unrecognized browser categories (which you can test by
lying to Cocoon with a telnet session or with Opera which I think lets
you do this out of the box)

Geoff