Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2020/10/10 14:03:35 UTC

Kibble tidyup on Github

Hi All

Some work is in progress to help improve and tidy up the Kibble Github setup. Thanks very much to Michal and Tomek for leading this effort. This includes things such as:

- Setting up a better issue reporting template to capture more information
- Removing merge commits to enable a cleaner commit log

One other point to note is that we still have a 'master' branch. Many projects have already renamed their default branch and Github will be changing the default to 'main' so we will need to rename this at some point. I know that we still have some older pull requests so will probably need to review these before applying the branch name change.

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Kibble tidyup on Github

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.
Hello all,

Yesterday I did some clean up of the setup.py file to make it easier
to reason about what's going on:
https://github.com/apache/kibble/pull/48

And using this PR as a base for further work I created a development
docker image and docker-compose that should allow anyone to spin up
Apache Kibble in just two commands:
https://github.com/apache/kibble/pull/50

Lastly, the api/ directory was refactored as a python package (but it
requires both above PRs):
https://github.com/apache/kibble/pull/51

Apart from that the PR with CI is still waiting for the review. It
would be awesome to move it on as a next step I would like to
introduce auto-adding of ASF licenses to avoid files without them.

Cheers,
Tomek

Re: Kibble tidyup on Github

Posted by Tomasz Urbaszek <tu...@apache.org>.