Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/16 17:16:42 UTC

Can webapps/tomee directory be deleted for a production environment?

Hello,

Can the webapps/tomee directory be deleted for deploying a web app to
production TomEE/TomEE+ server and exposed to Internet?
Indeed, when delivering our app with Tomcat, we delete all default web apps
as part of a list of Tomcat hardening task list.

Is there any TomEE/TomE++ vital content in webapps/tomee directory ?

If the answer is yes, then it means that we cannot just remove
webapps/tomee, so then is there a way to make this web app inaccessible to
all network adapters in order to prevent its use by attackers?

Alex.

Re: Can webapps/tomee directory be deleted for a production environment?

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Done : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-423

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
The question is which security for ejbd?

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Yes open a jira please

*LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/romain-manni-bucau/43/544/956*

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
Romain:

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex The Rocker <al...@gmail.com>.
David:

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fernando Lozano <fe...@lozano.eti.br>.
Alex,

You could use the Tomcat RemoteAddrValve to restrict this app to only
the localhost.

I personally like to have some apps (like the manager interface and the
jmx-proxy) available only to sysadmins, using either the above valve or
OS firewall rules (such as Linux iptables).

Of course I'd also change those apps config to use SSL (sometimes
enforcing client certificates) and user authentication (preferably from
a LDAP directory such as OpenLDAP). Defense in deep is allways nice to
have, and with this I can provide remote support (preferably through
OpenVPN or a SSH tunnel) with a certain level of confidence my app
servers are not open do hackers.

[]s, Fernando Lozano