Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Charles Tuckey <ct...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/07 00:08:45 UTC

Conflict with apr libraries

Hi,

I  am using log4cxx in a program that also uses libpangoft2
(/usr/lib64/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0.1400.8) - running on Fedora Core 6.

I am building log4cxx from CVS. The build integrates functions from
apr, apr-util and expat directly into the log4cxx library. These
functions conflict with what pangoft2 is expecting and my program seg
faults. I built log4cxx without the apr functions and I don't get the
seg fault.

My question is why the apr functions are automatically built-in to
log4cxx? Shouldn't a check be made to see if they already exist as a
shared library and, if so, use the existing shared libraries instead?

    Charlie

Re: Conflict with apr libraries

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
I think you have the wrong mailing list.  This is the log4j (as in
"Java" not "C") mailing list.

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/