You are viewing a plain text version of this content. The canonical link for it is here.
Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/20 15:28:24 UTC

daisy chain archiva webapp proxies doesn't seem to work

Hi,

I have to archiva instance running on separated hosts A and B. I have added
a remote repo of archiveB into archivaA, and for most of the time they works
great. But sometimes when i do a release to archivaB, the archivaA will not
pull down the artifact. Is there reason for this?

I can verify that archivaB does indeed worked becuase i have a project build
sucessful with the latest dependencies on the artifact x, but when I switch
to archivaA, it will failed that it can't find the artifact.

So my question is, is there time period that archiva will wait before it
check remote repo, even when you have a project requesting a artifact that's
missing from it? If so, is there way I can force it to pull that down into
archiva?

Thanks,
-Z

-- 
Sweet - a Scala web framework:
http://code.google.com/p/sweetscala

Re: daisy chain archiva webapp proxies doesn't seem to work

Posted by Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hello Brett,

I am pretty sure the connector are right because I can get the previous
version of the artifact, just not the one I released today.

I will double check again in the morning and let you know.

Thanks,
-Z

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>wrote:

> No, there's no delay. Are you sure you have the proxy connector from A
> to B set up correctly?
>
> 2008/8/20 Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have to archiva instance running on separated hosts A and B. I have
> added
> > a remote repo of archiveB into archivaA, and for most of the time they
> works
> > great. But sometimes when i do a release to archivaB, the archivaA will
> not
> > pull down the artifact. Is there reason for this?
> >
> > I can verify that archivaB does indeed worked becuase i have a project
> build
> > sucessful with the latest dependencies on the artifact x, but when I
> switch
> > to archivaA, it will failed that it can't find the artifact.
> >
> > So my question is, is there time period that archiva will wait before it
> > check remote repo, even when you have a project requesting a artifact
> that's
> > missing from it? If so, is there way I can force it to pull that down
> into
> > archiva?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Z
> >
> > --
> > Sweet - a Scala web framework:
> > http://code.google.com/p/sweetscala
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/
>



-- 
Sweet - a Scala web framework:
http://code.google.com/p/sweetscala

Re: daisy chain archiva webapp proxies doesn't seem to work

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
No, there's no delay. Are you sure you have the proxy connector from A
to B set up correctly?

2008/8/20 Zemian Deng <ke...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I have to archiva instance running on separated hosts A and B. I have added
> a remote repo of archiveB into archivaA, and for most of the time they works
> great. But sometimes when i do a release to archivaB, the archivaA will not
> pull down the artifact. Is there reason for this?
>
> I can verify that archivaB does indeed worked becuase i have a project build
> sucessful with the latest dependencies on the artifact x, but when I switch
> to archivaA, it will failed that it can't find the artifact.
>
> So my question is, is there time period that archiva will wait before it
> check remote repo, even when you have a project requesting a artifact that's
> missing from it? If so, is there way I can force it to pull that down into
> archiva?
>
> Thanks,
> -Z
>
> --
> Sweet - a Scala web framework:
> http://code.google.com/p/sweetscala
>



-- 
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: daisy chain archiva webapp proxies doesn't seem to work

Posted by leahpar <ra...@free.fr>.
Bonjour.

Maybe the policy is involved in this issue : 

if cache-failure is set to true
a first call make the second archiva to 'memorize for ever' that this
artifact is missing
even if the artifact is deployed later in the first archiva 

I'm not confortable with all theses policies, it's just an idea

I don't know what should be taken, I'm wonder if my choices are good.
All my repo follow this config, do you think it could be better?

releases  	daily
checksum 	fix
snapshots 	never
cache-failures 	no

or

releases  	never
checksum 	fix
snapshots 	hourly
cache-failures 	no

Cordialement.
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/daisy-chain-archiva-webapp-proxies-doesn%27t-seem-to-work-tp19069445p19085387.html
Sent from the archiva-users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.