Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by yasin lyyas <ya...@virtualvillage.com> on 2008/10/20 11:24:05 UTC

inventory item status

Hi all,

I have a question here regarding the inventory item status id. If the
status id is blank (null), what will happen if there is a reservation
made to this inventory item? In our case, we have a returned inventory
item. Status ID for this inventory item has been removed ( becomes
blank), and it has 10 qoh and atp. When a reservation made to this
inventory item, the order becomes a backorder. atp/qoh is 9/10, but in
reservation table, it shows the qty not available = 1.

Can we not leave the inventory item status blank?

Thanks

Lyyas
Yasin

Re: inventory item status

Posted by yasin lyyas <ya...@virtualvillage.com>.
Hi,

thanks for your reply, I have checked it and the problem is clear to me
now. Thanks a lot.

Lyyas
Yasin

Re: inventory item status

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
which rev are you using

Re: inventory item status

Posted by yasin lyyas <ya...@virtualvillage.com>.
Hi,

Re: inventory item status

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
there is a

Re: inventory item status

Posted by Mridul Pathak <mr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
--
Thanks & Regards
Mridul Pathak

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 2:54 PM, yasin lyyas <yasin.lyyas@virtualvillage.com

Re: inventory item status

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
1) not sure what process would leave the statusid null
it would be _NA_
what service(s) are you using.
what steps did you do to get to this point.

Re: inventory item status

Posted by "Jaquelynn.T" <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Lyyas,

I have seen that you have some problem with the inventory item as mentioned
in your other post. Naturally it is impossible to leave it as blank. Even if
there are no more item in it, but if it is still has a ready for sale
status, then you should put the value 0 'zero', if there is no item present
in warehouse but still available for customer when they order. Or else, you
should remove it completely from the inventory. Because the item is no
longer available for customers. Or else customers will still order it and it
will cause problems.

Best Regards,

Jaquelynn.T