Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Venkata Gollamudi <g....@gmail.com> on 2021/05/02 16:37:36 UTC

Re: [Design Discussion] Transaction manager, time travel and segment interface refactoring

+1

Valuable feature for data consistency across tables, mvs, indexes.

Posted by Kumar Vishal <ku...@gmail.com>.
+1

Small Modification: In current design only the table status file is
getting updated. In this new design tx<Id>_tablestatus[InProgress->Success]
and <db>.<tbl>tx files are getting updated.
I think we can write tx_<Id>_InProgress and tx_<id>_Success to a new file.
and After successful load we can delete the InProgress table status file.

-Regards
Kumar Vishal