Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mitch Vincent <mi...@unixprogramming.net> on 2002/11/09 21:34:55 UTC

[users@httpd] FreeBSD 4.7 Apache 2 with perchild MPM

The subject says most of it.. I'm trying to get Apache 2 to work with
the perchild MPM .

config.log says :

configure:11352: result: perchild
configure:11380: result: The currently selected MPM requires threads
which your system seems to lack

It's my understanding that FreeBSD implements threads through the
threaded version of libc (libc_r if memory serves?) but I might be way
off on that...

Can someone slap me with a clue stick? There seems to be virtually
nothing out there on this problem less a few emails in the archives
asking the same question :-)

Thanks!

-Mitch

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong.

Re: [users@httpd] FreeBSD 4.7 Apache 2 with perchild MPM

Posted by Mitch Vincent <mi...@unixprogramming.net>.
I just found a thread on FreeBSD users discussing this -- apparently it
just not supported under FreeBSD.. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth!

> The subject says most of it.. I'm trying to get Apache 2 to work with
> the perchild MPM .
>
> config.log says :
>
> configure:11352: result: perchild
> configure:11380: result: The currently selected MPM requires threads
> which your system seems to lack
>
> It's my understanding that FreeBSD implements threads through the
> threaded version of libc (libc_r if memory serves?) but I might be way
> off on that...
>
> Can someone slap me with a clue stick? There seems to be virtually
> nothing out there on this problem less a few emails in the archives
> asking the same question :-)
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Mitch
>
> Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong.

-Mitch

Linux is for people that hate Microsoft. FreeBSD is for people that
love UNIX.