Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by gabriel <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/29 20:20:11 UTC

no new deploys, with ode+mysql

hi friends, pleasure to greet you.

I'm new in ode.

i can deploy somes process using embed derby db, but when i try to point ode
persistence to mysql, without errors, my processes disappears, and new
process can't deployed.

i'm ussing bellow configuration:

<Context path="/ode" docBase="ode" debug="5" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
    <Resource name="jdbc/ODEDB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
        username="root" password="pass"
driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
        url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/ode?autoReconnect=true"/>
</Context>

in server.xml->host

ode database exist, schema with: ode-1.3.4-jpa-mysql55.sql

, and

ode-axis2.db.mode=EXTERNAL
ode-axis2.db.ext.dataSource=java:comp/env/jdbc/ODEDB

in ode-axis2.properties under webapps/ode/WEB-INF/conf

i restart catalina without errors/problems

catalina.out don't say me any error/trouble. when i restart tomcat, the logs
don't reports no ode services starts.

any idea can help me?

tomcat 7.0.4, mysql 5.5, ubuntu 12.04, openjdk7.

i hope your response. best regards friends!

Re: no new deploys, with ode+mysql

Posted by gabriel <ga...@gmail.com>.
Sathwiki, nice to greet you again.

Thanks for your time and orientation. I followed the link
(https://github.com/vanto/apache-ode-tomcat-bundle) and my needs are solved!
(close issue??) It's mean that i can redirect persistence from embed derby
db to a mysql db.

But, no all my needs are satisfied. Specially one: response time of retrive
state of process it's no the best.

the scenario is: with 999 completed instances, and 99 actives, retrieve
listInstances and then getScopeInfoWithActivity takes aprox 47 seconds!
(even using filter='status=active')

one approach to decrease the response time, is don't use a pmapi via web
services, and query directly a persistence, but, i can't find in the schema
(ode-1.3.4-hib-mysql55.sql) the scope info of a instances.

I hope ypu can help me, and give some orientation (may be a new issue)

Best regards

Sathwik B P wrote

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gabriel,

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
No more use of datasource configured with tomcat.
You need to embed a transaction manager (bitronix or any TM of your choice)
within tomcat and hence shared the link which does it.

Posted by Sathwik B P <sa...@gmail.com>.
Kindly follow the instructions if you want a packaged deployment.
Apache ODE Tomcat Bundle <https://github.com/vanto/apache-ode-tomcat-bundle>:
Build script that creates a fully configured bundle with Tomcat 7, Apache
ODE, Hibernate and Bitronix.