Posted to users@camel.apache.org by jgunz <sl...@twcny.rr.com> on 2008/02/21 23:07:31 UTC

Creating JMS temporary destinations

I can't seem to find any documentation or examples that show how to create a
temporary queue/topic endpoint for ActiveMQ or JMS components. Is this
supported?

Re: Creating JMS temporary destinations

Posted by jgunz <sl...@twcny.rr.com>.
Thanks for the response, but that link doesn't discuss using Camel and
doesn't discuss creating temporary queues/topics. My current goal is not to
implement a request-response setup but to create a temporary private message
channel.

Re: Creating JMS temporary destinations

Posted by zaoliu <za...@gmail.com>.
http://activemq.apache.org/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 03/03/2008, jgunz <sl...@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>  Thanks James, I appreciate the help.
>
>  If temporary destination URLs are going to be supported, will the ability to
>  create a temporary destination also be supported (either explicitly or in
>  the url somehow)

Yes!

> -- otherwise you can only use camel on one end of a
>  communication over a temporary destination without dropping down to the raw
>  JMS api.
>
>  Perhaps 2 different url syntaxes could be used, 1 for creating a new temp
>  dest and another for using an already created one:
>
>  jms:newTempQueue
>  jms:tempQueue:<name>

I was assuming that

jms:tempQueue:<name>

would lazily create a new temporary queue if a temporary queue is not
registered by that name. We could then add some way to set the
temporary destination manually if required if you wanted to reuse an
existing temporary destination.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Creating JMS temporary destinations

Posted by jgunz <sl...@twcny.rr.com>.
Thanks James, I appreciate the help.

If temporary destination URLs are going to be supported, will the ability to
create a temporary destination also be supported (either explicitly or in
the url somehow) -- otherwise you can only use camel on one end of a

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.