Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Javier Leyba <xl...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/27 14:23:37 UTC

Tests

Hi

I´ve an application using ActiveMQ with one publisher and (expected) a
lot of clients subscribed to topics.

I want now try to test my application simulating to have a lot of
clients (we can call this a load test). I wonder if someone knows
tools to help me to do this job.

Thanks in advance

--
Javier Leyba
Barcelona - Spain

Re: Tests

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/27/06, Javier Leyba <xl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/27/06, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You could try using the maven 2 performance testing plugin...
> >
> > http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html
> >

> Maven ? Ouch !!!  :)
>
> James, thanks for your reply but I'm having problems with Maven. I'm
> asking now in maven mailing list why couldn't found the last activemq
> jars in maven repositories (global or mirrors).

Which version are you trying to use?

Note that because ActiveMQ is still in the incubator, our jars are not
sync'd with the default global repo - instead they go into the various
repos described here

http://activemq.org/site/download.html

Also note our first  maven 2 based release of activemq is 4.1 which
has not quite gone out yet - it should hopefully do any moment now.

--

James
-------

Re: Tests

Posted by Javier Leyba <xl...@gmail.com>.
On 11/27/06, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You could try using the maven 2 performance testing plugin...
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/activemq-performance-module-users-manual.html

Maven ? Ouch !!!  :)

James, thanks for your reply but I'm having problems with Maven. I'm
asking now in maven mailing list why couldn't found the last activemq
jars in maven repositories (global or mirrors).

And then I'm not using maven for this reason (I give up tired to be
installing jars by hand in my local repository).

Do you know why latest activemq releases are not in repository ?

Thanks in advance

--
Javier Leyba
Barcelona - Spain