Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org> on 2007/03/30 02:01:29 UTC

Logging Domains

On Mar 29, 2007, at 5:40 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

> I'm still getting failure notices on the sandbox.

My previous modification to asf-mailer.conf made SVN notifications go
to both log4j-cvs and the non-existent sandbox-
cvs@logging.apache.org.  Hopefully have fixed that now.

Your source headers are old-style, they should be modified to be
consistent with http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html.  The
copy2license.pl script in committers/tools can be used to fix those up.

I may put together a Maven pom.xml for the project.  If so, I'll it
will move things around a bit.  I'll try to get that done later
tonight which hopefully will coincide with your sleeping.

Re: Logging Domains

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.

>> Do I need to remove the old headers first, or will the tool pick
>> that up?
>
> The tool requires the old headers to be present.  It changes
> copyright notices to the license notice, it doesn't add them if
> they don't exist.

Well I had a crack at using the tool, but the tool seems to ignore
the text I have there.  Bummer.  I'll have to do this one by hand I
think, there's not that many files anyway.

Re: Logging Domains

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Mar 29, 2007, at 9:12 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

>> Your source headers are old-style, they should be modified to be
>> consistent with http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html.  The
>> copy2license.pl script in committers/tools can be used to fix
>> those up.
>>
> Do I need to remove the old headers first, or will the tool pick
> that up?

The tool requires the old headers to be present.  It changes
copyright notices to the license notice, it doesn't add them if they
don't exist.

>> I may put together a Maven pom.xml for the project.  If so, I'll
>> it will move things around a bit.  I'll try to get that done later
>> tonight which hopefully will coincide with your sleeping.
>
> If you want to mavenize it go right ahead, once complete I can
> adjust the Eclipse project file configs accordingly.

It will have to be over the weekend.  I'm fading after fighting to
get a Solaris environment set up for log4cxx and have to be up early
tomorrow morning to judge a high-school debate tourney.

Re: Logging Domains

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@aconex.com>.

> Your source headers are old-style, they should be modified to be
> consistent with http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html.  The
> copy2license.pl script in committers/tools can be used to fix those
> up.

Do I need to remove the old headers first, or will the tool pick that
up?

> I may put together a Maven pom.xml for the project.  If so, I'll it
> will move things around a bit.  I'll try to get that done later
> tonight which hopefully will coincide with your sleeping.

If you want to mavenize it go right ahead, once complete I can adjust
the Eclipse project file configs accordingly.

Paul