Posted to users@maven.apache.org by srinivas ramgopal <sk...@yahoo.com> on 2007/04/09 22:42:25 UTC

maven question - IBIBLIO vs REPO1

Hi all,

Basic Maven questions.

I recently setup maven in my company and setup the company repository on a
http server.

1) What is the procedure to load it with maven related artifacts and
plugins; Do I need to download them from ibilio or
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/
2) What is the difference between ibiblio and
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/
Do I need to have references to both as remote repositories in the pom.xml?

Thanks in advance.

Re: maven question - IBIBLIO vs REPO1

Posted by Darshan Santani <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

If you want to configure and setup your internal (company) repository
management system to automatically download and install maven artifacts and
plugins (if its not able to locate them in your local repository), have a
look at ARCHIVA, the Maven Repository Manager. Here is the project link
http://maven.apache.org/archiva/  You can configure Archiva to fetch and
deploy Maven project artifacts from a series of proxied repositories,
whether it be http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/ or
http://repo1.maven.org/ or some other remote (internal) repositories. To get
started with it, refer to
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Getting+Started+with+Archiva .
Its working out of the box for me.
BTW, ibiblio is one of the mirrors available for dowloading Maven artifacts,
but by default, your POM will fetch artifacts from repo1 only, but if you
wish, you can easily configure it to fetch from ibiblio. Hope this helps.
Thanks

-dsantani