Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dave Rolsky <au...@urth.org> on 2001/03/19 22:44:51 UTC

ApacheCon session handouts

Oops, deleted the message but someone just asked if the session notes
would be available via the web.

I don't know of the official ApacheCon plan but I can say that mine (for
my Intro to Mason presentation) will be available somewhere.

-dave

/*==================
www.urth.org
We await the New Sun
==================*/

Re: ApacheCon session handouts

Posted by Ken Williams <ke...@forum.swarthmore.edu>.
autarch@urth.org (Dave Rolsky) wrote:
>Oops, deleted the message but someone just asked if the session notes
>would be available via the web.
>
>I don't know of the official ApacheCon plan but I can say that mine (for
>my Intro to Mason presentation) will be available somewhere.

At most conferences the notes aren't available unless the speaker wants
them to be.  That seems to be because some people make a living off
giving talks like this to corporate clients, and can't afford to give
material like this away for free.  Or simply (especially in the case of
more grass-roots things like YAPC) that the speaker didn't have time to
put together snazzy notes that would be meaningful to off-site people.

It's also possible that the sponsor (O'Reilly) isn't thrilled about
making material easily available for people who weren't willing to pay
the registration fees.

Personally I have no idea whether notes for ApacheCon will be generally
available or not, but these are some of the possible reasons for not
doing so.

The benefits for putting them up are obvious. =)

  -------------------                            -------------------
  Ken Williams                             Last Bastion of Euclidity
  ken@forum.swarthmore.edu                            The Math Forum

Re: ApacheCon session handouts

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Dave Rolsky wrote:

> Oops, deleted the message but someone just asked if the session notes
> would be available via the web.
>
> I don't know of the official ApacheCon plan but I can say that mine (for
> my Intro to Mason presentation) will be available somewhere.

Mine are always available from http://stason.org/talks/

Both TPC and ApacheCon are distributing the notes on CDs (and sometimes
online), so you can always ask someone who has gone to the conference to
borrow from.

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/