Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/13 16:43:36 UTC

Can we commit from github?

Hi

A while ago I decided to give git(hub) a try and forked trunk. I was able
to work on several issues in parallel (while switching branches) and all
within a single checkout and project in eclipse. It seemed to work well.
But whenever I was ready to commit the work to Apache SVN, I applied a
patch on the SVN checkout and commit from there which is annoying.

Can we somehow push from github to Apache SVN?

If not, how do others work with GIT / Apache SVN? I prefer not to use a
special client, just a simple "svn ci" and "git commit/push", if possible.

Shai