Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io> on 2011/04/08 14:44:50 UTC

All solr* commands fail in 1.3

 Hi devs,

 Since today i noticed that all solr* commands fail in a similar
 fashion:

 SolrDeleteDuplicates: starting at 2011-04-08 14:17:44
 SolrDeleteDuplicates: Solr url: http://127.0.0.1:8983/solr
 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to
 access field org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.SINGLETON from class
 org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
         at
 org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.staticInitialize(LoggerFactory.java:83)
         at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.<clinit>(LoggerFactory.java:73)
         at
 org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.<clinit>(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:78)
         at
 org.apache.nutch.indexer.solr.SolrDeleteDuplicates$SolrInputFormat.getSplits(SolrDeleteDuplicates.java:188)
         at
 org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.writeOldSplits(JobClient.java:810)
         at
 org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJobInternal(JobClient.java:781)
         at
 org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.submitJob(JobClient.java:730)
         at
 org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobClient.runJob(JobClient.java:1249)
         at
 org.apache.nutch.indexer.solr.SolrDeleteDuplicates.dedup(SolrDeleteDuplicates.java:358)
         at
 org.apache.nutch.indexer.solr.SolrDeleteDuplicates.run(SolrDeleteDuplicates.java:370)
         at
 org.apache.nutch.indexer.solr.SolrDeleteDuplicates.main(SolrDeleteDuplicates.java:375)

 The error can be a bit different between commands but they always end
 up with:

 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to
 access field org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder.SINGLETON from class
 org.slf4j.LoggerFactory
         at
 org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.staticInitialize(LoggerFactory.java:83)
         at org.slf4j.LoggerFactory.<clinit>(LoggerFactory.java:73)
         at
 org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.<clinit>(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:78)

 This happens in the current 1.3 revision but also in a revision
 (1079765) a month old and a revision (1062728) of 2011-01-24. I've no
 idea what's causing the issue but it might have something to do with me
 removing ~/.ivy2 yesterday. Since then all stuff is being downloaded
 again. If you cannot reproduce then i'm quite sure that removing stuff
 in .ivy2 and a fresh svn export will make your Solr commands fail. I
 cannot compile trunk at the moment because of Gora and i cannot compile
 Gora because of some other dependency and haven't come to fixing that
 for now.

 Any thoughts?

 Cheers,

Re: All solr* commands fail in 1.3

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
I'll open a ticket and take a look at the issue monday or so (unless someone
beats me to it).

Do you have an explanation for why i only noticed the error after removing
~/.ivy2?

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.

--
*