Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1995/07/20 23:52:18 UTC

is there a way to...

Do we have a way to override  .ext -> mime mapping on
a directory by directory basis ?

We have some  .tar[.gz|Z] and other .gz and .Z files which
we'd like to send with a different content-type to the defaults
specified in mime.types and srm.conf.

We've been sending the files via a script in the past, but this
adds unnecesary i/o and CGI intervention.

Can the content-negotiation stuff be made to send
  foo.tar.Z   when say foo.tar.Z.bar is requested ?
I scanned the docs, and it suggests that var files are needed
for each file.

rob